Rural Development Company

Rural Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago

P.O. Bag 992, Caroni Ltd Central Office

Factory Road, Brechin Castle, Couva

Tel: 636-8556/8308/5484

Fax: 679-3296

Email: ruraldev@tstt.net.tt

 

Mission Statement

The Rural Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited is dedicated to being a leader in the provisions of essential infrastructure and social facilities for an improved quality of life to the rural communities in a manner that reflects efficient and expeditious implementation and completion of these projects.


Our Focus and Reach 

The Rural Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (RDC) was incorporated on May 2, 2005 and commenced operations in September 2005. The RDC was established to expedite the physical development of the country.  RDC therefore has responsibility for the management and implementation of the projects under the Infrastructure Development Fund (IDF) which relate to rural development.

 

Cabinet by Minute No. 1205 of May 18, 2006, agreed inter alia, that the geographical area of responsibility of the RDC, constitute all areas between the Churchill Roosevelt Highway and the Oropouche River, that is, the central and eastern portions of Trinidad. The fifteen (15) communities which were identified for developmental works are: Quash Trace, Vega de Oropouche, Wallenvale, Coal Mine, Jerningham Junction, Endeavour Road, Talparo/Mundo Nuevo, Todd’s Road, Cacandee Settlement in Felicity, Brickfield, Dow Village, Tabaquite, Navet Village, Preysal Village and Spring Village.

 

In 2007, Cabinet approved an additional thirty-two (32) communities for developmental works/upgrade by the RDC. These communities include inter alia, Fishing Pond, Lower Cumuto, Diamond Village Community, San Francique, Kelly Village, Cunupia, Oropune, Borde Narve, Piparo and Iere Village